Booking a reservation at Barkwells indicates that you have read and agree to the following policies and procedures.
Barkwells is designed to be a great vacation place for you and your dogs. We hope that you will respect the property and the comfort of other guests. Understandably, if you or your dog causes any damage, including accidents in the house, you will be responsible for the full extent of replacement, repairs or the cost of additional cleaning. Please bring throws if your dog(s) will be on the furniture.
If guests are uncomfortable with your dog(s), we ask that you make every effort to respect their feelings. Any guest whose pet(s) create unnecessary disturbance or engage in aggressive/unsafe behavior may be asked to leave. In such case no refund of any fees paid will be made. Please be willing to work together to make this a good experience for everyone.
- Dogs must be friendly with other dogs and people.
- All dogs must be current on their shots and provide proof of vaccinations.
- All dogs must be on active flea and tick prevention. Please do regular tick checks on your dog, especially in the spring and early summer.
- Please clean up after your pet. Bags are provided.
- Owners are responsible for the care and interaction of pets on the property. Barkwells assumes no liability for the actions or interactions of guests’ pets on the property.
- Any guest whose dog(s) create unnecessary disturbance or engage in unsafe behavior may be asked to board their dogs elsewhere or leave at the discretion of Barkwells management. In such case no refund of any fees paid will be made. Barkwells cannot accommodate cats due to allergies.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Check in time is 3:00pm and checkout is 10:30 am. Early check in or late check out is only available with prior approval.
- Please keep all gates closed for the safety of four-footed guests.
- Smoking is not permitted in the cabins. Smoking is permitted on the porches and grounds. Please dispose of smoking materials responsibly.
- There is a $200 charge if smoking is detected in the cabin.
- This is a housekeeping cabin. Linens will not be changed during your stay, but feel free to use the washer/dryer as needed.
- Please recycle. Garbage and recycle bins are outside your cabin.
- Please leave the cabin broom clean.
- Please leave the key on the hook when you check out. There is a $100 key replacement fee.
- Water activities in the lake or creek are conducted At Your Own Risk. No lifeguard is on duty.
- Fish caught must be released or cleaned at the dock. Please leave the dock as you found it and dispose of fish remains properly. Bag and call for pickup.
- Barkwells cannot be responsible for any injury or damage due to wind, water, fire or the negligence of you or others.
- Please do not place anything other than toilet paper in the toilet. The septic system thanks you.
- No glass is to be used on the porch around the hot tub or on the grounds. Plastic only please for the safety of our guests.
- Fireplace must be turned off if no one is present in the room.
- Please do not put anything other than people (including your dogs!) in spa or adjust the settings. There is a $400 charge for damage to the spa lid.
- Please use the grill only in the designated place.