Your Best Friends.
Barkwells is located in the heart of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, a vacation mecca of outdoor activities and breathtaking natural beauty. There are lots to do any day of the year, but here are some of the most popular activities.
- Take a walk in the woods with your dogs and see waterfalls in the Pisgah National Forest or Dupont State Forest
- Explore downtown Asheville, Historic Hendersonville, and Brevard
- Experience the NC Arboretum
- See the spectacular Biltmore Estate with a day ticket purchased at online here (Use code - "barkwells" - all lowercase). Stroll the gardens or hike the trails with your dogs one day, and enjoy the magnificent house and winery tours on the next!
- Brave the whitewater or take a lazy tube down the river
- Hike nearby trails
- Experience the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway
- Take a tour
- Ski the slopes
- Hit the breweries, cideries, and wineries
- Delight in an evening of dinner and theatre, or our fabulous live music scene
You will find fabulous dining options in the Asheville area. Independent restaurants abound with diverse and truly tantalizing culinary experiences.
We are glad to recommend, and here is some info to make your mouth water:
Local publications with more recommendations for tourism, culture, and dining: