In addition to our normal 44 point cleaning checklist, we have added additional procedures for the safety of our guests and staff:
- Adjusted check-out & check-in times to provide additional time for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Reduced office hours to minimize contact (masks required). On-site staff members are on call outside of office hours.
- Guest check-in procedures have been altered to minimize contact.
- Upon checkout, housekeeping opens windows and sprays the cabin or cottage with disinfectant, paying close attention to high contact surfaces.
- Staff wears PPE while cleaning, working with the laundry, and during cabin maintenance.
- Guests are requested to strip beds and put all linens in provided laundry bags to reduce contact.
- Additional precautions for linens and high-touch surfaces taken within the laundry department.
- A reduced-contact approach for hot tub maintenance that upholds cleanliness without daily attendance by staff.
A clean, healthy environment has always been a top priority at Barkwells and continues to be. With naturally derived, environmentally conscious cleaners and essential oils as a base, this existing cleaning repertoire is augmented with CDC/EPA approved disinfectants. Please call the office or email your request for additional information on cleaning procedures.