Dog Friendly Hotels Asheville, NC
At 2,000 feet in elevation, Asheville, North Carolina, is the highest city of its size east of the Mississippi River. Tourists and residents flock to Asheville every year for its incredible cultural amenities and restaurants, hiking and mountain biking opportunities, watersports, and craft beer breweries. We welcome tens of millions of visitors to this area each year for many reasons:
- The tallest mountains on the East Coast are situated all around Asheville.
- There are thousands of miles of hiking trails around Asheville, from short strolls to backcountry expeditions.
- The mountain biking trail systems in Asheville are among the greatest in the South.
- Some of North Carolina's most renowned dining establishments are in Asheville.
- Asheville has one of the highest concentrations of craft breweries in the South.
- The River Arts District in Asheville is home to renowned artists and art galleries.
- There are several little shops and sizable retail malls in Asheville to visit.
If you’re planning a trip to Asheville, we’re excited to welcome you to our amazing city! We are delighted that dog owners adore our community, and we're proud to be among the South's most pet-friendly regions. When you visit our area, you don't have to leave your cherished dogs behind. Barkwells provides a dog-friendly hotel for visitors to western North Carolina!
Barkwells Dog-Friendly Hotel in Asheville, NC
We create happy vacation memories for dogs with people who love them. That means more to us than just allowing pets to stay in the room with you. We provide exceptional vacation accommodations, fun, and freedom for dogs and their families.
We have properties in both Asheville and Brevard. Both areas are the perfect home base for a western North Carolina adventure.
Asheville and Brevard Dog-Friendly Accommodations
Barkwells is a small, peaceful community of vacation guest homes specifically designed as a destination for like-minded dog lovers, close to all the fun yet far away from every day. Our values include the following:
- Safe, secure space for pets and people.
- Comfort and cleanliness for pets and people.
- Environmentally responsible practices.
- Protecting and enhancing natural beauty.
- High-speed Internet
- Onsite professional staff
- Fully fenced property with 5-6 foot perimeter fence
- Parking at your door
- Verdant landscaping and gardens
- Acres of fully fenced meadows to roam
- Large pond with bass, brim, catfish
- Beautiful views
- Hammocks in season
Amenities at Our Asheville Property
Some of what you’ll find that is unique to our Asheville property include:
- Paddle boat
- Large gathering porch at the office/barn
- Commercial dog wash (hot water, shampoo, and towels)
- Picnic tables and buffet table
- Campfire ring with firewood
- McDowell creek frontage
- Friendly goats: Cookie, BonBon & Cupcake
- Dog memorial garden
Amenities at Our Brevard Property
Some of what you’ll find that is unique to our Brevard property include:
- Multi-level waterfalls
- Little River frontage
- Ass-tounding miniature donkeys: PrincAss Leia, Assley Judd & Neil DeGrAsse Tyson (the Ass-trophysicist)
- Resident dogs: Fisher (lab/border collie mix) & Buster (cairn terrier/boxer mix)
Book Your Dog-Friendly Hotel in Asheville Today
If you’re ready to make us part of your Asheville getaway, we would love to answer your questions and tell you more about how you and your dog(s) will be a welcomed guest. Contact us for more information, or reserve your place now on our website!