- To guarantee your reservation a deposit is required. A reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email directly from Barkwells.
- Deposit of one-half total stay is due at the time of reservation.
- The balance of the stay is due 30 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. If your reservation is made within 30 days of your arrival date, the entire balance of the reservation will be charged. If you need to update your credit card information please give us a call at 828-891-8288.
- A refundable pet deposit of $100 plus tax is applied for first-time visiting dogs and people. The deposit is returned to the credit card on file within 10 days of your stay if there is no damage or additional cleaning in the cabin. You will be notified within 48 hours if there is a deduction in your deposit. If no damage, the deposit is not applied for subsequent stays.
- If there is damage, missing items, of additional cleaning required, you will be notified within 48 hours and you will be charged using the credit card on file.
- Maximum occupancy is 2 for 1 bedroom, 4 for 2 bedrooms, and 6 for two+ bedroom home.
- Rates include 2 dogs per cabin. Any additional dogs will require a $25 extra dog fee per dog per visit. Management reserves the right to limit the number of dogs in a party.
- Barkwells does not refund or prorate for early check-outs.
- Rates are subject to a 6.75% NC tax and a 5% Occupancy Tax.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm and Check-out is 10:00 am.
- Check-in is not available on July 4, Thanksgiving, December 25, or January 1.
We accept Cash, Personal Checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- The deposit is refunded less a $100 administrative fee for cancellation 30 days or more prior to arrival. You may choose to have the deposit retained for a future booking (within 12 months) in which case, the fee is waived.
- ½ balance refunded for cancellation 15 – 29 days prior to arrival
- No refund if the reservation is canceled within 14 days of arrival.
- In consideration of the changing dynamics of travel due to COVID, traveling with pets, and other spontaneous events or emergencies that may arise, Barkwells strongly encourages travel insurance. Please visit our Travel Insurance page for more information.
Policies & Procedures
A completed reservation signifies acknowledgment, understanding, and agreement with the following policies:
- Barkwells is designed to be a great vacation place for you and your dogs. We trust that you will respect the property and the comfort of other guests.
- The first-time guest’s $100 pet deposit is fully refundable to the credit card on file, within 10 days of your checkout. Understandably, if there is any damage caused by you or your pet, including accidents in the house, you will be responsible for the cost of replacement, repairs, or additional cleaning and a pet deposit will be applied for a subsequent visit.
- Please keep all gates closed for the safety of four-footed guests.
- Please use provided dog sheets and dog towels to protect our furniture and your linens.
- Your dog(s) is/are not people- or dog-aggressive and have been socialized.
- Your dog(s) is/are current on their shots and have proof of rabies protection.
- Your dog(s) is/are on active flea and tick prevention. Please do regular tick checks on your dog, especially in the spring and early summer.
- Owners are responsible for the care and interaction of pets on the property.
- Please clean up after your pet. Poop bags and receptacles are provided in the home and on the grounds.
- There will likely be other guests with pets here as well. Please be willing to work together to make this a good experience for everyone. If a guest or staff member is uncomfortable around your pet, we ask that you make every effort to adjust activities accordingly.
- Any guest whose pet(s) create an excessive disturbance or engage in unsafe behavior may be asked to leave at the discretion of Barkwells. In such a case, no refund of any fees paid will be made.
- Barkwells cannot accommodate cats due to allergies.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm and check-out is 10:00 am. Early check-in or late check-out is only available with prior approval.
- Smoking is not permitted in the cabins. Smoking is permitted on the porches and grounds. Ashtrays are provided upon request. Please dispose of smoking materials responsibly.
- There is a $200 charge if smoking is detected in the cabin.
- Linens will not be changed during your stay, but feel free to contact the office if you would like a change of linens or housekeeping services during your stay.
- The washer and dryer are for your personal use as well as the Dog Towels and Sheets only. Please leave the “heavy lifting” of Linens and Towels for us!
- Please recycle. Garbage and recycling bins are outside your cabin.
- Please leave the key on the hook when you check out (Asheville property). There is a $100 key replacement fee.
- Water activities in the lake or creek are conducted At Your Own Risk. No lifeguard is on duty.
- Fish caught must be released and all fishing gear removed for the safety of pets and people.
- Barkwells cannot be responsible for any injury or damage due to wind, water, fire, or the negligence of you or others.
- Please do not place anything other than toilet paper in the toilet.
- Only plastic drinkware is to be used on the porch around the hot tub or on the grounds.
- The fireplace must be turned off if no one is present in the room.
- Please DO NOT move or re-arrange the logs in the gas fireplace. They are set that way for safety and there is a charge if our gas provider needs to be called to reset them.
- Please do not put anything other than people (including your dogs!) in the spa or adjust the settings. There is a $500 charge for damage to the spa lid.
- Please use the grill only in the designated place.
- Barkwells is a weapon-free property.