Pet Friendly Lodging Asheville, NC
Asheville, North Carolina, is the highest city of its size east of the Mississippi River at 2,000 feet above sea level. Every year, tourists and locals alike rush to Asheville for its outstanding restaurants and cultural attractions, as well as its options for watersports, hiking, and mountain biking. Tens of millions of people flock to this region every year for a variety of reasons:
- Around Asheville are the tallest mountains on the East Coast.
- In Asheville, there are countless miles of hiking paths, ranging from leisurely strolls to lengthy wilderness treks.
- Asheville has one of the most extensive networks of mountain bike trails in the South.
- Asheville is home to some of North Carolina's most recognized restaurants.
- One of the biggest concentrations of craft brewers in the South is in Asheville.
- Renowned artists and art galleries can be found in Asheville's River Arts District.
- Asheville has both little boutiques and sizable shopping centers.
We can't wait to have you visit Asheville if you're planning a trip here! We are thrilled that dog owners love our neighborhood and are happy to be one of the South's pet-friendliest areas.
You don't have to leave your cherished dogs behind when you come to our region. Visitors to western North Carolina can stay in dog-friendly lodging at Barkwells!
Barkwells Pet-Friendly Lodging in Asheville, NC
We create happy vacation memories for dogs with people who love them. That means more to us than just allowing pets to stay in the room with you. We provide exceptional vacation accommodations, fun, and freedom for dogs and their families.
We have properties in both Asheville and Brevard. Both areas are the perfect home base for a western North Carolina adventure.
Asheville and Brevard Pet-Friendly Lodging
Barkwells is a small, peaceful community of vacation guest homes specifically designed as a destination for like-minded dog lovers, close to all the fun yet far away from every day. Our values include the following:
- Safe, secure space for pets and people.
- Comfort and cleanliness for pets and people.
- Environmentally responsible practices.
- Protecting and enhancing natural beauty.
- High-speed Internet
- Onsite professional staff
- Fully fenced property with 5-6 foot perimeter fence
- Parking at your door
- Verdant landscaping and gardens
- Acres of fully fenced meadows to roam
- Large pond with bass, brim, catfish
- Beautiful views
- Hammocks in season
Amenities at Our Asheville Property
Some of what you’ll find that is unique to our Asheville property include:
- Paddle boat
- Large gathering porch at the office/barn
- Commercial dog wash (hot water, shampoo, and towels)
- Picnic tables and buffet table
- Campfire ring with firewood
- McDowell creek frontage
- Dog memorial garden
Amenities at Our Brevard Property
Some of what you’ll find that is unique to our Brevard property include:
- Multi-level waterfalls
- Little River frontage
- Ass-tounding miniature donkeys: PrincAss Leia, Assley Judd & Neil DeGrAsse Tyson (the Ass-trophysicist)
- Resident dogs: Fisher (lab/border collie mix) & Buster (cairn terrier/boxer mix)
Book Your Pet-Friendly Lodging in Asheville Today
If you’re ready to make us part of your Asheville getaway, we would love to answer your questions and tell you more about how you and your dog(s) will be a welcomed guest. Contact us for more information, or reserve your place now on our website!