Barkwells’ Reopening – Welcoming Guests Back Safely
Barkwells’ standard cleaning procedures already cover
99% of the CDC Coronavirus cleaning guidelines.
In addition to our normal 44 point cleaning checklist, we have added additional procedures for the safety of our guests and staff.
- Allowing 24 hours between reservations, when possible
- Adjusted check out & check in times to provide additional time for cleaning and disinfecting
- Requesting guests to strip beds and put all linens in provided laundry bags to reduce contact
- Upon checkout housekeeping will go into each cabin, open windows and spray the cabin or cottage with disinfectant, paying close attention to high contact surfaces.
- Staff will be wearing PPE (including shoe covers) while cleaning.
- Vacuum cleaners have been removed from the cabins. Please request one if you would like one during your stay.
Our laundry department has instituted the following changes:
- Keeping designated buggies as dirty and clean.
- Disinfecting and wiping down after each use
- Keeping dirty linens from cabins in closed laundry bags to reduce contact.
- Wearing gloves
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces throughout the day.
A clean, healthy environment has always been a top priority at Barkwells and continues to be. We still use environmentally based, natural cleaners and essential oils. We are now augmenting with CDC/EPA approved disinfectants. Please call the office or email us your request for additional information on our cleaning procedures.